Senior Research Associate
Center for Applied Genomics
- May 2001
Bachelor of Art in Biological Sciences, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ.
- July 03 – present
Senior Research Associate and Laboratory Manager, Center for Applied Genomics, Newark, NJ.
- June 01 – June 03
Research Associate, DNA Microarray Core Facility, Center for Applied Genomics, Newark, NJ.
- June 99 – May 01
GC Analyst, Accutest Laboratories, Dayton, NJ.
- 2004 – Present
Supervisor of high school, college and graduate students in the PHRI summer student programs.
Instructor and organizer of the DNA technology module in the Merck Summer Institute on Ethics, Rutgers University, Newark, NJ.
Honors and Awards
- Dean’s List (2001)
- Edward J Bloustein Award (1994)
- National Honor Society (1993)
- NSF/HHMI Science & Mathematics Summer Undergraduate Research Program at Villanova University (1992)
- Merck State Science Day Award in Biology (1992)
- Wu, S., Barnes, P.F., Samten, B., Pang, X., Rodrigue, S., Ghanny, S., Soteropoulos, P., Gaudreau, L. and Howard, S.T. (2009) Activation of the eis gene in a W-Beijing strain of Mycobacterium tuberculosis correlates with increased SigA levels and enhanced intracellular growth. Microbiology 155:1272-1281.
- Fontán, P., Aris, V., Alvarez, M.E., Ghanny, S., Cheng, J., Soteropoulos, P., Trevani, A., Pine, R. and Smith, I. (2008) Mycobacterium tuberculosis Sigma Factor E Regulon Modulates the Host Inflammatory Response. Journal of Infectious Diseases 198:877-85.
- Fontán, P., Aris, V., Ghanny, S., Soteropoulos, P. and Smith, I. (2008) The global transcriptional profile of Mycobacterium tuberculosis during THP-1 human macrophage infection. Infect Immun. 76:717-25.
- Pang, X., Vu, P., Byrd, T.F., Ghanny, S., Soteropoulos, P., Mukamolova, G.V., Wu, S., Samten, B. and Howard, S.T. (2007) Evidence for complex interactions of stress-associated regulons in an mprAB deletion mutant of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Microbiology. 153:1229-42.
- Yang, S., Ghanny, S., Wang, W., Galante, A., Dunn, W., Liu, F., Soteropoulos, P., and Zhu, H. (2006) Using DNA Microarray to Study Human Cytomegalovirus Gene Expression. J. Virol. Methods. 131, 202-208
- Netterwald, J., Yang, S., Wang, W., Ghanny, S., Cody, M., Soteropoulos, P., Tian, B., Dunn, W., Liu, F. and Zhu, H. (2005) Two GAS-like elements in the human cytomegalovirus major immediate-early promoter/enhancer are important for viral replication. J. Virol. 79, 5035-5046.
Presentations and Posters
- Gardiner, R.E. Ghanny, S., Aris, V. Park, S. Soteropoulos, P. and Perlin, D.S. (2006) Transcriptome analysis of Aspergillus fumigatus response to micafungin. 46th Annual Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. San Francisco, CA.
- Huang, Y., Zhang, Z., Aris, V., Ghanny, S., Soteropoulos, P., Rowe, J., Moffat, J. and Zhu, H. (2006) Using DNA microarray to study varicella zoster virus gene expression in t-cells in vivo. 31st Annual International Herpesvirus Workshop, Seattle, WA.
- Netterwald, J., Yang, S., Wang, W., Ghanny, S., Cody, M., Soteropoulos, P., Tian, B., Dunn, W., Liu, F. and Zhu, H. (2005) Two GAS-like Elements in the Human Cytomegalovirus Major Immediate-Early Promoter/Enhancer Are Important for Viral Replication. 10th International Cytomegalovirus Workshop and 2nd International Betaherpesvirus Workshop. Williamsburg, VA.
- Ghanny, S., Dubnau, E., Kolesnikova, I., Soteropoulos, P. and Smith, I. (2004) Regulation of the mce2 (mammalian cell entry) operon of M. tuberculosis. ASM Conference on Functional Genomics and Bioinformatics Approaches to Infectious Disease Research.